2022年12月大学英语六级(第1套)听力中文翻译
Conversation One
对话一
M:Welcome to the Book Club.
欢迎来到读书俱乐部。
Today's guest is Susan Lane,the author of a new book on personal finances that has already sold half a million copies.
今天的嘉宾是苏珊·莱恩,她写了一本关于个人理财的新书,这本书已经卖出了50万册。Hi,Susan.
嗨,苏珊。
Your book is extremely successful.
你的书非常成功。
Why do you think that is?
你认为这是为什么
W:I think that's because of my message,which is making happiness a priority over money.
我想这是因为我的观点,幸福比金钱更重要。
So many of us in my generation have spent decades trying to earn more money just to consume more,but it made us more miserable.
我们这一代有很多人花了几十年的时间试图赚更多的钱,只是为了消费更多,但这让我们更痛苦。
M:You yourself were once caught in that cycle,working for two decades as an executive and earnin g a high salary,but still accumulating debt.
你自己也曾陷入这样的怪圈,当了20年高管,拿着高薪,但债务仍在累积。
I most certainly was.
我当然是。
I earned million.
我赚了一百万。
But by the time I quit my job four years ago to become a writer,I owed over$30,000.
但当我四年前辞职成为一名作家时,我欠了3万多美元。
So how did you escape that pattern and what would you advise other people to do?
那你是如何摆脱这种模式的?你会建议其他人怎么做?
The first change isn't what we value.
第一个变化不是我们看重的。
We need to emphasize things that actually make us happy,like relationships,the environment,o r even our hobbies.
我们需要强调那些真正让我们快乐的事情,比如人际关系、环境,甚至是我们的爱好。Once we make the right things our priority.
只要我们把正确的事放在首位。
Our goals will change and so will our financial behavior.
我们的目标会改变,我们的理财行为也会改变。
How does that translate into practical action?
那如何转化为实际行动呢?
Can you give our audience examples of what you're talking about?
你能给我们的观众举例说明你在说什么吗?
On an everyday basis?
在日常生活中?
The major areas for action are usually housing,food,and transportation.
主要的行动领域通常是住房、食物和交通。
So people might share a home with friends instead of living on their own.
所以人们可能会和朋友合租房子,而不是自己住。
Bring lunch from home instead of going to restaurants and use public transport instead of ownin g a car.
从家里带午餐而不是去餐馆,使用公共交通而不是拥有自己的汽车。
Those sound like major sacrifices.
听起来是很大的牺牲。
I could never share my home.
我永远不能分享我的家。
I need my own space,
我需要自己的空间
But they aren't sacrifices.
但他们不是牺牲。
When people change their values,their desires change.
当人们改变他们的价值观时,他们的欲望也会改变。
So in the example of housing,if we value relationships,sharing a home isn't depriving ourselves of space.
所以在住房的例子中,如果我们重视人际关系,共享一个家并不会剥夺我们自己的空间。But giving us an opportunity to spend more time with our loved ones.
而是让我们有机会花更多时间和我们爱的人在一起。
Indeed it is.
的确如此。
Questions1to4are based on the conversation you have just heard.
请根据你刚听到的对话回答问题1到问题4。
Question1:What message does the woman convey in her book?
问题1:女人在她的书中传达了什么信息?
Question2:What do we learn about the woman before she became a writer?
问题2:关于这个女人在成为作家之前,我们了解到了什么?
Question3:What does the woman say about one's financial behavior?
问题3:关于一个人的财务行为,女士说了什么?
Question4:What does the man say about sharing a home?
问题4:关于合租房子,男士说了什么?
Conversation Two
对话二
Thank you for inviting me to the gallery,Christopher.
克里斯托弗,谢谢你邀请我来画廊
I haven't visited here since your predecessor's retirement function.
自从你前任退休后我就没来过这里了。
Would you like to see the newest additions to our collection First?
你想先看看我们最新的收藏品吗?
Catherine.
凯瑟琳。
Are those the landscapes?
这些是风景吗?
By Danielle Gregory?
丹尼尔·格雷戈里?
I absolutely adore her work.
我非常崇拜她的作品。
This first piece was a gift to the gallery from the artist herself,and it's quite exquisite.
第一件作品是艺术家本人送给画廊的礼物,非常精美。
I love how she depicts the barren landscape.
我喜欢她描绘荒芜风景的方式。
The colors compliment each other perfectly.
这些颜相互辉映。
You can sense the desolation in the picture.
你能感觉到画中的荒凉。
This piece was inspired by Gregory's recent trek in the Goy Desert.
这件作品的灵感来自格雷戈里最近在戈壁沙漠的长途跋涉。
And how did you obtain her other piece over here?
那你是怎么得到她这边的另一件作品的?
It was purchased at auction by an anonymous collector who lent it to the gallery for display.是一位匿名收藏家在拍卖会上买下的,他把它借给画廊展出。
This composition is one of her most acclaimed paintings.
这幅作品是她最受好评的画作之一。
It must have cost that collector a small fortune to purchase this.
那位收藏家一定花了不少钱才买到这个。
Obviously,I can't disclose the exact amount he paid,but it was substantial.
显然,我不能透露他支付的确切金额,但这是一笔可观的金额。
There's so much detail in this painting.
这幅画中有很多细节。
I feel like I can really immerse myself in the scene.
我觉得我可以真正地沉浸在场景中。
I particularly like the symmetry created by the reflection of the mountain in the lake.
我特别喜欢山在湖中被反射时的对称感。
This particular piece was the one that was nominated for a gateway award.
这个特别的作品被提名为门户奖。
I was lucky enough to attend the award ceremony as Gregory's guest.
我有幸作为格雷戈里的嘉宾参加了颁奖典礼。
So you know her personally,I assume she's an eccentric artist.
所以你认识她,我猜她是个古怪的艺术家。
Quite the opposite.
恰恰相反。
In fact,she's not at all eccentric.
事实上,她一点也不古怪。
I would say she's one of the most easygoing and intelligent people I know.
我想说她是我认识的最随和、最聪明的人之一。
I'd love to be able to meet her.
我希望能见到她。
There are so many questions I'd like to ask.
我有很多问题想问。
What a coincidence.
太巧了。
I'm meeting her for dinner tonight.
我今晚要和她一起吃晚饭。
Would you like to come along?
你愿意一起来吗?
I'd love to.
我很乐意。
thank you.
谢谢你!
Questions5to8are based on the conversation you have just heard.
请根据你刚听到的对话回答问题5到问题8。
Question5:What do we learn about one of the newest additions to the gallery's collection?
问题5:我们能从画廊最新的藏品中了解到什么?
Question6:What does the man say about one of the most acclaimed paintings by Daniel Gregor y?
问题6:关于丹尼尔·格雷戈里最受欢迎的一幅画,男士说了什么?
Question7:Why does the woman say she can feel immersed in the scene in the painting?
问题7:为什么这位女士说她可以沉浸在画中的场景中?
Question8:How does the man describe Danielle Gregory?
问题8:这位男士是如何描述丹妮尔·格雷戈里的?
Passage One
短文一
Forgiveness is the release of resentment or anger.
宽恕是怨恨和愤怒的释放。
Forgiveness doesn't mean reconciliation.
宽恕并不意味着和解。
We don't have to return to the same relationship,nor do we have to accept the same harmful be haviors from an offender.
我们不必回到原来的关系,也不必接受侵犯者同样的有害行为。
Forgiveness is vitally important for the mental health of certain victims.
宽恕对于某些受害者的心理健康至关重要。
It propels people forward rather than keeping them emotionally engaged in an injustice or traum
a.
它推动人们前进,而不是让他们在情感上陷入不公或创伤。
Carrying the hurt or anger of an offense leads the body to release stress chemicals.
携带伤痛或被冒犯的愤怒导致身体释放压力化学物质。
Eliminating the perpetual flow of those chemicals may also explain why forgiveness provides phy sical health benefits.
消除这些化学物质的长期流动也可以解释为什么宽恕对身体健康有益。
There are scenarios in which forgiveness is not the best course.
在某些情况下,宽恕并不是最好的选择。
Sometimes a victim becomes more empowered when they give themselves permission not to for give.
有时,当受害者允许自己不去原谅时,他们会变得更有力量。
Forgiveness can be challenging.
宽恕是具有挑战性的。
This is especially true when the offending party offers an insincere apology,or maybe they haven 't offered anything at all.
当冒犯的一方只提供不真诚的道歉,或者他们根本没有提供任何东西时,这一点尤其正确。However,it's
often the healthiest path forward.
然而,这通常是最健康的前进道路。
It's important to cultivate forgiveness by developing compassion for the offender.
通过培养对冒犯者的同情来培养宽恕是很重要的。
Reflect on whether the act was due to malicious intent or whether it was caused by challenging c ircumstances in the offender's life.
反思该行为是出于恶意还是由于冒犯者生活中的困难环境造成的。
英语六级报名时间2022年下半年What about forgiving ourselves?
原谅自己怎么样?
We sometimes need to take responsibility for mistakes,but intense guilt and shame aren't a desi rable outcome in the long run,forgiving yourself may seem like an ambiguous process.
我们有时需要为错误承担责任,但从长远来看,强烈的内疚和羞愧并不是一个理想的结果,原谅自己似
乎是一个模糊的过程。
You can begin by acknowledging that you are at fault.
你可以从承认自己的错误开始。
Take responsibility for the hurt you caused.
为你造成的伤害负责。
Then reflect on why the event,draw the lessons you learned and try to avoid committing a simila r offense in the future.
然后反思为什么会发生这样的事情,从中吸取教训,尽量避免在将来犯类似的错误。Questions9to11are based on the passage you have just heard.
请根据你刚听到的文章回答问题9到问题11。
Question9:What does the passage say about forgiveness?
问题9:关于宽恕,这篇文章说了什么?
Question10:When is forgiveness especially challenging?
问题10:什么时候宽恕尤其具有挑战性?
Question11:What should one do in order to forgive the offender?