2022年12月大学英语六级真题听力原文
College English Test Band 6
大学英语六级考试
Part ⅡListening Comprehension
第二部分听力理解
Section A Directions: In this section, you will hear two long conversations.
说明:在本节中,你将听到两篇长对话。
At the end of each conversation, you will hear four questions.
在每一篇对话的最后,你将会听到四个问题。
Both the conversation and the questions will be spoken only once.
对话和问题均播放一遍。
After you hear a question, you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A, B, C and D.
听到问题后,你需要从A、B、C和D四个选项中选出最佳答案。
Then mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 1 with a single line through the centre.
然后将相应的答案涂在答题卡1上。
Conversation One对话一
M: Welcome to the Book Club. 男:欢迎来到《读书会》节目。
Today's guest is Susan Lane, the author of a new book on personal finances that has already sold half a million copies. 今天的嘉宾是苏珊·莱恩。她所撰写的关于个人理财的新书已经售出50万册。
Hi, Susan, your book is extremely successful. Why do you think that is? 嗨,苏珊,你的书非常成功。你认为原因是什么?
W: I think that's because of my message, which is making happiness a priority over money. 女:我想这是因为我(在书中传递)的信息,将幸福的重要性排在金钱的前面。
So many of us in my generation have spent decades trying to earn more money just to consume more, but it made us more miserable. 我们这一代中有许多人花了几十年的时间试图挣更多的钱,但只是因为他们想花得更多,可这会让我们更加痛苦。
M: You yourself were once caught in that cycle, working for two decades as an executive and earning a high salary, but still accumulating debt.
男:你自己也曾陷入过这种循环,当了20年高管,薪水很高,但债务仍然在累加。
W: I most certainly was. I earned millions, but by the time I quit my job four years ago to become a writer, I owed over $30,000.
女:的确是这样。我挣了几百万,但四年前我辞去工作成为一名作家时,却还负债3万多美元。
M: So how did you escape that pattern? And what would you advise other people to do?
男:那么你是怎么摆脱这种模式的呢?你会建议其他人怎么做?
W: The first change is in what we value.
女:第一个(需要做的)改变是我们的价值观。
We need to emphasize things that actually make us happy, like relationships, the environment or even our hobbies. 我们需要强调那些真正让我们快乐的事情,比如关系、环境甚至我们的爱好。
Once we make the right things our priority, our goals will change and so will our financial behavior.
一旦我们把合适的事情放在首位,我们的目标就会改变,我们的财务行为也会改变。
M: How does that translate into practical action?
男:这如何转化为实际行动呢?
2021江苏省考公告Can you give our audience examples of what you are talking about on an everyday basis?
你能以日常事物为例给我们的听众解释一下你所说的意思吗?
W: The major areas for action are usually housing, food and transportation.
女:转化成行动的主要领域通常是住房、食品和交通。
So people might share a home with friends instead of living on their own, bring lunch from home instead of going to restaurants, and use public transport instead of owning a car.
所以,人们可以与朋友同住而不是独自生活,从家里带午餐而不是去餐馆,使用公共交通工具而不是拥有汽车。
M: Those sound like major sacrifices.
男:这些听起来像是很大的牺牲。
I could never share my home. I need my own space.
我永远无法把家分享出去。我需要自己的空间。
W: But they aren't sacrifices.
国家电网年薪60万女:但这些不是牺牲。
When people change their values, their desires change.
当人们改变自己的价值观时,他们的欲求也会改变。
So in the example of housing, if we value relationships, sharing a home isn't depriving ourselves of space, but giving us an opportunity to spend more time with our loved ones.
因此,以住房为例,如果我们重视人际关系,共享住所不是剥夺了我们的空间,而是给了我们一个机会,让我们有更多的时间与我们所爱的人在一起。
M: Indeed it is.
男:的确如此。
Questions 1 to 4 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
请根据你刚刚听到的对话回答问题1到4。
1.What message does the woman convey in her book?
1. 这位女士在书中传达了什么信息?
[2. What do we learn about the woman before she became a writer?
2. 关于这位女士成为作家之前的情况,我们有何了解?
湖南学考网
3. What does the woman say about one's financial behavior?
3. 女士对人们的财务行为有何说法?
4. What does the man say about sharing a home?
4. 关于分享住所,男士怎么说?
Conversation Two 对话二
W: Thank you for inviting me to the gallery, Christopher.
女:克里斯托弗,谢谢你邀请我来画廊。
I haven't visited here since your predecessor's retirement functioned.
自从你的前任退休后,我就没来过这里。
M: Would you like to see the newest additions to our collection first, Catherine?
男:凯瑟琳,你想先看看我们的最新藏品吗?
W: Are those the landscapes by Daniel Gregory?
女:这些是丹尼尔·格雷戈里的风景画吗?
I absolutely adore her work. 我非常喜欢她的作品。
M: This first piece was a gift to the gallery from the artist herself, and it's quite exquisite.
男:第一幅作品是艺术家本人送给画廊的礼物,非常精美。
W: I love how she depicts the barren landscape.
女:我喜欢她对荒芜景的描绘。
The colours complement each other perfectly.
这些颜相得益彰。
M: You can sense the desolation in the picture.
男:你能感受到画面中的那种荒凉。
This piece was inspired by Gregory's recent trek in the Gobi Desert.
这件作品的灵感来自格雷戈里最近在戈壁沙漠的长途跋涉。
W: And how did you obtain her other piece over here?
女:你是怎么得到她的那幅作品的?
M: It was purchased at auction by an anonymous collector who lent it to the gallery for display. 男:这是一位匿名收藏家在拍卖会上买下来以后借给画廊展出的。
This composition is one of her most acclaimed paintings.
这幅作品是她最受好评的画作之一。
W: It must have cost that collector a small fortune to purchase this.
女:那位收藏家买下这幅作品肯定花了一大笔钱。
M: Obviously. I can't disclose the exact amount he paid, but it was substantial.
男:显然如此。我不能透露他所支付的确切金额,但数额真的很大。
W: There's so much detail in this painting.
女:这幅画有很多细节。
I feel like I can really immerse myself in the scene.
我觉得我真的有身临其境的感觉。
I particularly like the symmetry created by the reflection of the mountain in the lake.
我特别喜欢山倒映在湖水中所形成的对称美。
M: This particular piece was the one that was nominated for a Gateway Award.
男:这件作品被提名网关奖了。
I was lucky enough to attend the award ceremony as Gregory's guest.
我很幸运地作为格雷戈里的嘉宾出席了颁奖典礼。
W: So you know her personally.
女:所以你跟她有私人联系。
I assume she is an eccentric artist.
我猜她是个古怪的艺术家。
M: Quite the opposite. In fact, she's not at all eccentric.
男:恰恰相反。事实上,她一点也不古怪。
I would say she's one of the most easygoing and intelligent people I know.
我想说她是我认识的最随和、最聪明的人之一。
W: I'd love to be able to meet her.
女:我很想见见她。
There are so many questions I'd like to ask.
我有很多问题想问她。
M: What a coincidence! I'm meeting her for dinner tonight.
男:太巧了!我今晚要和她共进晚餐。
Would you like to come along?
你愿意一起去吗?
W: I'd love to. Thank you.
女:我很乐意。谢谢你。
Questions 5 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
请根据你刚刚听到的对话回答问题5到8。
5.What do we learn about one of the newest additions to the gallery's collection?
5. 对于画廊新增藏品中的一幅画作,我们有何了解?
6. What does the man say about one of the most acclaimed paintings by Daniel Gregory?
6. 关于丹尼尔·格雷戈里最受好评的画作之一,这位男士是怎么说的?
7. Why does the woman say she can feel immersed in the scene in the painting?
7. 为什么女士说她可以沉浸在画面之中?
8. How does the man describe Daniel Gregory?
8. 男士是怎样描述丹尼尔·格雷戈里的?
Section B Directions: In this section, you will hear two passages.
说明:在本节中,你将会听到两篇短文。
At the end of each passage, you will hear three or four questions.
在每一篇短文的后面,你会听到三个或四个问题。
山东省三支一扶Both the passage and the questions will be spoken only once.短文和问题均播放一遍。
After you hear a question, you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A, B, Cand D.
听到问题后,你需要从A、B、C和D四个选项中选出最佳答案。
Then mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 1 with a single line through the centre.然后将相应的答案涂在答题卡1上。
Passage One短文一
Forgiveness is the release of resentment or anger. 宽恕是怨恨或愤怒的释放。
Forgiveness doesn't mean reconciliation. 宽恕并不意味着和解。
We don't have to return to the same relationship, nor do we have to accept the same harmful behaviors from an offender. 我们不必回到以前的关系,也不必再承受冒犯者相同的伤害行为。
Forgiveness is vitally important for the mental health of certain victims.
宽恕对某些受害者的心理健康至关重要。
It propels people forward rather than keeping them emotionally engaged in an injustice or trauma. 它推动人们向前,让他们摆脱情感上的偏颇或创伤。
Carrying the hurt or anger of an offense leads the body to release stress chemicals. 满怀冒犯后的伤害或愤怒会导致身体释放压力化学物质。
Eliminating the perpetual flow of those chemicals may also explain why forgiveness provides physical health benefits. 消除这些化学物质的不间断流动也可以解释为什么宽恕能给身体健康带来益处。
There are scenarios in which forgiveness is not the best course. 在有些情况下,宽恕不是最好的选择。Sometimes the victim becomes more empowered when they give themselves permission not to forgive. 有时,当受害者放任自己不去原谅时,他们会变得更有力量。
Forgiveness can be challenging. 宽恕是很考验人的。
This is especially true when the offending party offers an insincere apology, or maybe they haven't offered anything at all. 当冒犯的一方给出的道歉并不真诚,或者他们根本没有显露出任何歉意时,宽恕就更有挑战性。
However, it's often the healthiest path forward. 然而,宽恕通常是最健康的前进道路。
It's important to cultivate forgiveness by developing compassion for the offender, reflect on whether their act was due to malicious intent, or whether it was caused by challenging circumstances in the offender's life. 通过逐渐对
冒犯者产生同情来培养宽恕,反思他们的冒犯行为是出于恶意,还是由冒犯者充满挑战的生活环境所造成的很重要的。
What about forgiving ourselves? 宽恕自己又会如何呢?
We sometimes need to take responsibility for mistakes, but intense guilt and shame aren't a desirable outcome in the long run. 我们有时需要为错误承担责任,但从长远来看,强烈的内疚和羞愧并不是理想的结果。Forgiving yourself may seem like an ambiguous process. 原谅自己似乎是一个模糊的过程。
You can begin by acknowledging that you are at fault。Take responsibility for the hurt you caused, then reflect on why the event occurred. 你可以先承认自己有过错。对自己造成的伤害负责,然后反思事件发生的原因。Draw the lessons you learned and try to avoid committing a similar offense in the future. 吸取你学到的教训,尽量避免将来犯类似的错误。
Questions 9 to 11 are based on the passage you have just heard. 请根据你刚刚听到的短文回答问题9到11。
9. What does the passage say about forgiveness?
9. 关于宽恕,这篇文章说了些什么?
10. When is forgiveness especially challenging?
10. 什么时候宽恕特别具有挑战性?
11. What should one do in order to forgive the offender?
陕西任命一批厅级干部11. 一个人应该怎么做才能宽恕冒犯者?
Passage Two 短文二
The Glasgow subway first opened in 1896 as a cable-hauled system.
格拉斯哥地铁于1896年首次开通,当时是电缆牵引系统。
全国英语等级考试准考证查询It is generally recognized as the world's third underground railway, after London and Budapest.
它被公认为是世界第三条地下铁路,仅晚于伦敦和布达佩斯。
In its long history, it has never been expanded, remaining as a single loop line with a mere 15 stations.
在其漫长的历史中,它从未被扩建过,只是一条只有15个车站的单向环线。
At its peak, it served the shipyard workers on the south side of the city.
在鼎盛时期,它为城市南侧的造船厂工人服务。
In the 1960s, there was a decline in the shipbuilding industry, and the popularity of private transport grew.
在20世纪60年代,造船业出现了衰退,私人运输的普及率上升。
As a result, the subway saw a rapid decline in ridership.
因此,地铁乘客量迅速下降。
It ran with little further change until 1977 when its new operators closed it for major modernization investment. 1977年之前,该线路几乎没有什么变化。那一年,新的运营商投入大量资金进行现代化改造,关闭了这条线路。
Carriages were replaced, ventilation was improved, and the main depot was also renovated and fitte
d with connecting tracks to replace the outdated crane transfer mechanism. 更换了车厢,改进了通风设备,翻新了主车库,并用新安装的连接轨道取代了过时的起重机转移装置。
The subway in its present form reopened for operation in April 1980.
1980年4月,改造后的地铁重新开放运营。
Since its relaunch, the subway has seen a revival in its fortunes.
自重新运营以来,地铁的命运得到了复兴。
It serves as a viable alternative to other forms of transport and has gone a long way to alleviate traffic jams in the city centre. 作为其他交通方式的可行性替代方案,地铁在缓解市中心的交通堵塞方面取得了很大进展。
In 1996, the system reached an important milestone—100 years.
1996年,该系统达到了一个重要的里程碑--开通一百周年。